News from the Control Tower - 9/2/2020
1. Female Fund Managers Beat Men at Stock Picks: Goldman
Among some 500 large-cap U.S. mutual funds, those with at least one-third of manager positions held by women have beaten those with no women by 1 percentage point in 2020, data compiled by Goldman Sachs Group show
2. IRS guidelines put employers on the hook for Trump's payroll tax break
Tax professionals are skeptical of the guidance and say it places too much liability on the employer. Deferred taxes ultimately must be paid by April 30, according to the guidance.
3. Black Homeowners Face Discrimination in Appraisals
Companies that value homes for sale or refinancing are bound by law not to discriminate. Black homeowners say it happens anyway.
4. Walmart Tries Again to Find Its Answer to Amazon Prime
Retailer to revamp grocery-delivery service as $98-a-year Walmart+ membership
5. Boeing making slow progress toward fixing software problems that plagued its 2019 Starliner test
NASA says the company has corrected 75 percent of the problems identified after last year's flawed test.
Bonus- The Wildest Insurance Fraud Scheme Texas Has Ever Seen
Over a decade, Theodore Robert Wright III destroyed cars, yachts, and planes. That was only the half of it.