News From the Control Tower - 8/25/2021
News from the Control Tower: Our weekly curated list of news stories affecting you and your finances.
This week’s reads include:
1. Fed officials will seek to avoid a tantrum as they keep ‘taper talk’ going at key summit
In the coming week, Fed officials will meet virtually for their annual symposium, which is normally held at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The hot topic will be the intention of many Fed officials to move away from easy monetary policy.
2. As Biden considers his pick to run the Fed, a major role overseeing Wall Street slips under the radar
There’s no consensus among Democrats about who would be right to be the Fed’s top banking cop.
3. God, Money, YOLO: How Cathie Wood Found Her Flock
Ms. Wood says the Holy Spirit moved her to strike out on her own after an up-and-down career in money management. But it’s her belief in herself that won the Reddit crowd’s faith.
4. Here’s how much money each generation has saved for retirement
When it comes to personal and retirement savings, millennials are firmly in the middle of the pack compared to other generations.
5. What Happens When All of Your Co-workers Quit?
As a record number of Americans leave their jobs, those who can’t are working themselves sick.