Interesting reads this week include:
1. The road to a durable economic recovery still has a lot of twists and turns left.
2. Improvement of roads and rails has accelerated, but the crisis has strained budgets, muddling prospects for the projects and the real estate developments that count on them.
3. Creative workers with multiple gigs are among the worst hit by the recession and face long roads to recovery.
4. The breadth of the Hong Kong security law and rapidly deteriorating relations between China and the West raise the prospect that international businesses or their employees could eventually become targets.
5. Some accountants have filed an SEC complaint saying the company should write down the value of shale driller XTO Energy. Exxon says it is in compliance with standards.