News From the Control Tower - 7/1/2020
We were on vacation last week, so threw in a few extra articles this week. We hope everyone is able to enjoy their summer vacations!
Interesting reads this week:
1. Wirecard scandal’s U.S. face: $2B vanishes in Asia, CEO arrested in Germany; Pa. unit where ‘we invented virtual payments’ is For Sale
2. A Moral and Economic Imperative to End Racism By Raphael Bostic, President and CEO of the Atlanta Fed
3. The Activist Investor Done With Finance
4. Apparent suicide by 20-year-old Robinhood trader who saw a negative $730,000 balance prompts app to make changes
5. How Are Americans Using their Stimulus Payments?
6. ‘Banking While Black’: How Cashing a Check Can Be a Minefield
7. How Meat plants were allowed to become coronavirus hot spots