News From the Control Tower - 4/8/2020
This week's reads feature:
Kinks in the US supply chain for masks.
1. It’s Bedlam in the Mask Market, as Profiteers Out-Hustle Good Samaritans
As well as potential kinks for our farmers.
2. Farmworkers, Mostly Undocumented, Become ‘Essential’ During Pandemic - The New York Times
We’re also watching continuous legal changes with the CARES act, for example, changes to RMD rules this year;
3. RMD Deferrals Aren’t Retroactive. We Answer Your Questions About the Cares Act.
Looking to history to see how economies responded to past pandemics; and
4. When Plagues Pass, Labor Gets the Upper Hand
Economic policy suggestions from the International Monetary Fund.
5. Economic Policies for the COVID-19 War – IMF Blog