News From the Control Tower - 12/23/2020
News from the Control Tower: Our weekly curated list of news stories affecting you and your finances.
This week’s reads include:
1. Domino's to pay frontline workers nearly $10M in holiday bonuses in effort to 'put people first'
While Jeff Bezos becomes an even bigger billionaire, there’s Dominoes.
2. How Amazon Wins: By Steamrolling Rivals and Partners
CEO Jeff Bezos still runs the e-commerce giant with the drive of a startup trying to survive, and that strand of its corporate DNA is becoming a liability.
3. NASS ready to begin last phase of Ag Resource Management Survey
On the collection of data on the agricultural economy, a key element of bolstering rural America’s economy.
4. How Bad Was Virus Aid Fraud? One Banker Was ‘Frustrated With Humanity’ - The New York Times
The Paycheck Protection Program offered small businesses a few months of relief, but prosecutors will be running down fraud for years.
5. Ski Towns and the Ski Bums Who Staff Them, Ponder Their Survival
As the ski season begins to ramp up many communities are limping into the time of year that drives the industry’s economy.
Bonus: Covid-19 Christmas sweater that ensures social distancing – it flashes and sounds alarm when people get too close
Home security company SimpliSafe’s Social Distancing Sweater goes off when someone steps within six feet of the wearer.