News From the Control Tower - 11/25/2020
News from the Control Tower: Our weekly curated list of news stories affecting you and your finances.
This week’s reads include:
1. Love and Money—and How They’re Connected
Our relationships with people are often reflected in our relationship to money. For good and ill.
2. The Faces of Americans Living in Debt
A new book by Brittany M. Powell depicts people struggling under the weight of owing money.
3. A Covid-19 Vaccine Could Unleash Pent-Up Demand, Bringing Along Inflation
A return to pre-pandemic lives may bring a surge in spending, some analysts say.
4. To Save the Economy, Save People First
Targeted Measures and Subsidies for Cost Effective COVID-19 Abatement.
5. Butter Is Booming, Whole Milk Is Back and Dairy Is Surviving
With Americans staying home more than usual because of the pandemic, and doing lots of baking and cooking to pass the time, this has been a banner year for butter.
Vera Menchik: The Real-life Beth Harmon
But what if I tell you that many years before the times depicted in the “The Queen’s Gambit,” long before the Second World War, a similar story has already played out in real life?