News From the Control Tower - 11/17/2021
News from the Control Tower: Our weekly curated list of news stories affecting you and your finances.
This week’s reads include:
1. Zillow Sells 2,000 Homes in Dismantling Its House-Flipping Business
Pretium Partners is buying the houses in 20 markets with plans to rent them to families
2. Spain takes on private equity landlords as cost of housing soars
Blackstone and others could face rent caps in bill championed by leftwing government
3. Yellen says economic slowdown in China would have "global consequences"
The Biden administration is closely watching the situation unfolding in China with the world's most indebted property developer, according to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, who warned that its struggles to pay back billions in loans could have repercussions for the global economy.
4. Adidas Takes Hit From Boycott in China, Once Seen as a Growth Engine
The sportswear company, along with other Western apparel brands, continues to suffer from a Chinese consumer boycott
5. Belize shows the growing potential of debt-for-nature swaps
It is exchanging one sort of riches for another
Bonus: Maker vs. Manager: How Your Schedule Can Make or Break You
Different types of work require different types of schedules.