News From the Control Tower - 10/28/2020
News from the Control Tower: Our weekly curated list of news stories affecting you and your finances.
This week’s reads include:
1. Low interest rates leave savers with few good options
The covid-19 pandemic has only sharpened the dilemma
2. Ant Challenged Beijing and Prospered. Now It Toes the Line.
The tech giant, which is preparing for a mega I.P.O., has transformed personal finance in China. Regulators have taken notice.
3. The Idea That Raising Wages Destroys Value Is A Fallacy
Leading research shows that when workers are more financially secure, key business outcomes such as productivity, customer satisfaction, and employee turnover and engagement also improve.
4. Is it time to forget what you learned about investing in bonds?
Bond yields have dropped so much in recent years, especially on government debt, that their income and diversification benefits are questioned.
5. IRS Announces 2021 Retirement Plan Contribution Limits For 401(k)s And More
The IRS increased the income ceiling on Roth accounts, but unfortunately the maximum contribution level remains the same for 2021.
Ghost Stories of Tripadvisor is a dreadful directory of hotel hauntings
Put together by Bompas & Parr Editions, the book collates firsthand accounts of supernatural encounters from the hotel review site as a guide for ghoul hunters.